It is a simple and quick recipe to make crispy fried, non slimy okra with gram flour.
Okra’s unique look, flavor and texture don’t appeal to all tastes, but knowing how to cook this unique vegetable can help tremendously.
- 1 pound cut okra frozen
- ½ cup Bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 2 tsps amchur powder ( raw mango powder)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp of cooking oil
- Put the frozen okra in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle all dry ingredients and lemon juice on it. Mix well. Please do not thaw the okra.
- Heat the cooking oil on a medium flame.
- Add the okra and fry it, till it is tender, stirring continuously.
- Serve with Roti and Daal.
Note: When you fry okra it should be still frozen.
Tips: While cooking okra (lady finger) add a few drops of lemon juice or a spoonful of curd to the ladyfingers for a crispy taste
Do You Know:?
Besan or Gram flour or Chana flour, is pale yellow flour made from ground, dried chickpeas. It is used in doughs, dumplings, and noodles; as a thickener for sauces; and as a batter for deep fried food.
Gram flour contains a high proportion of carbohydrates but no gluten, so it is not recommended for low-carbohydrate diets, but it goes well with gluten-free diets.
Apart from its capacity to make enhanced fried items, it is also used as a facial exfoliate, especially popular among young women in India and Pakistan. It is prepared as a paste with water, or milk, or yogurt.