Chicken is cooked with spices and dried fenugreek leaves.
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 2 big onions sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp grated garlic
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbsp Butter Chicken masala
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Clean, remove skin and cut each chicken thigh into two pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame, add sliced onion and fry lightly. When onions are soft stir in the grated garlic and ginger. Add chicken masala, turmeric, chili and coriander powder and tomato paste and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken thigh pieces and fry stirring constantly until the chicken has turned white.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until chicken is done.
- Add crushed dried fenugreek leaves now and simmer covered for 2-3 minutes more.
- Serve hot with roti or hot white rice.