What a feast to eyes! It is a fun to collect seven colored ingredients to make this salad…..chose your own choice of ingredients and make it.
- 1 cup shredded purplish cabbage
- 1 cup beetroot cut into thin strips
- 1 cup blue berry fresh or frozen
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded orange carrot
- 1 red pepper cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Arrange all the ingredients in the form of a rainbow in a flat dish.
- Add lemon juice, black pepper and salt just before serving.
- Serve with dip/chutney.
Do You Know?
A red or purplish cabbage is more mild and sweet flavored than other cabbage. It has a round, solid head and is popular for adding color to salads, coleslaw and stir-fries. The leaves on the red cabbage are tougher than the leaves of green cabbage, because of its longer maturity time. Red cabbage is available throughout the year.
The color in purplish cabbage will have a tendency to run when it is cooked. The cabbage turns a purplish blue and turns other foods that it is cooked with to a reddish color. To prevent the red cabbage from discoloring, add lemon juice or vinegar to the cooking water.