- 1 cup sabudana(sago)
- 2 Green Chillies chopped finely
- ¼ cup coarsely ground peanuts
- 1 tbsp grated/dessicated coconut ( optional)
- 1 boiled, peeled and diced potato
- ¼ cup ghee or cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
- In a bowl, soak the sago 3-4 hours in enough water to cover.
- Mix crushed peanuts, coconut grated, black pepper powder and salt with soaked sabudana and keep aside.
- Heat the oil/ghee in a pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds crackle add green chillies and potatoes, fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix sabudana mixture and fry for about 8-10 minutes till sabudana becomes transparent. Sprinkle lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Do You Know?
Sago is a starch extracted from the pith (central part)of the stems of sago palm. Trunk of sago palm tree is opened lengthwise to remove pith, which is the crushed and kneaded to release starch. Starch is then washed, strained and collected in settling containers.