This simple dish can be made ahead of time and grilled quickly when you're ready to eat. It makes a great appetizer.
- 20 Fresh Kaleji (Goat Liver) pieces cut into cubes
- 8-10 Raspberries or cherry tomatoes
- 3 medium onions (scale leaves separated and cut into 1" square pieces)
- 3 large capsicum cut into 1” square pieces
- 3-4 medium hard red tomatoes cut into 1”square pieces
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp green chili paste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix the yogurt with the chili powder, turmeric powder, green chili paste, ginger paste, garlic paste and salt. Whisk to get a smooth paste.
- Add the cubes of Kaleji (Liver) to this paste and coat well. Allow marinating for 4-5 hours.
- In a non-stick pan add 1 tbsp of oil and add only marinated Kaleji pieces (without marinade). Cook covered till Kaleji pieces are almost tender.
- On wooden barbecue skewers, alternate cubes of Kaleji with the onion squares, tomato squares and green bell peppers squares in a combination of your choice.
- Use raspberries or cherry tomatoes for the tips of the barbecue skewers.
- Grill on a barbecue or in the oven until the vegetables are soft as per your liking. I like crunchy half cooked vegetables.
- Garnish with lemon juice and serve.
Do You Know?
Animal livers are rich in iron and Vitamin A.
Cod liver oil is commonly used as a dietary supplement.