It takes very less time to prepare and is highly nutritious. Cooked carrots are pureed and boiled with milk until it thickens.
- Two pink carrots
- 6 cups whole milk boiled
- 1 green cardamom whole
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- ½ cup sugar (adjust according to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp chopped cashew nuts
- 1 tsp rose water
- Cut the carrots and cook in a pressure cooker with a cup of water till just tender. When cooled grind them to paste.
- Heat one tbsp ghee in a heavy bottomed pan on medium flame.
- Add one green cardamom, when it releases flavor add carrot paste. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled milk and reduce the heat. Boil until it thickens.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and chopped nuts.
- Cool, add rose water and serve.
Do You Know?
Consuming carrots is reported to increase the skins resistance to ultraviolet light, so it helps in protecting against skin cancer along with premature ageing. Carrots are rich in fiber and may help reduce blood cholesterol and are said to combat constipation.