It is inexpensive, healthy and quick to prepare. If you miss your chance for oats in the morning, don't worry, you can have in the evening, before you start evening chores, after a long day at work.
- 1 cup Quaker Oats – ‘Old Fashioned’
- 1½ cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1½ cups milk
- Sugar according to taste
- ½ cups chopped fresh fruits (Banana, Apple, Strawberries etc)
- Few chopped Walnuts
- 2-3 mint leaves
- Cook the Oats with 1½ cups of water and a pinch of salt in a microwave for about 3-4 minutes or cook them in a vessel for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the above cooked Oats into a serving bowl and add sugar and milk. Leave the mixture to cool for 5-10 minutes in refrigerator.
- Now add all the fresh fruits, and Walnuts to the serving bowl with cooked Oats and mix well.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
Do You Know?
Oatmeal is a rich source of dietary fiber, both soluble and insoluble. Oats are proven to be effective in lowering blood cholesterol.