This delicious snack is quick and easy to make. Peanuts are stir fried with oil, until golden and then mixed with spicy tangy seasoning.
- ½ pound raw Peanuts without skin
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp Amchoor powder
- ¼ tsp Dahi Masala (available at Indian Grocery Stores)
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- Salt mix to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok or Kadhai. When hot add peanuts and stir-fry over medium heat for one minute.
- Turn the heat down and continue to stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until the peanuts uniformly turn light golden. Remove and transfer to a dish.
- Add all powdered spices and salt according to your taste (while it is still warm). Mix well.
- Cool to room temperature and store it in an air tight container.
- Serve as a mid meal crunchy snack with tea.
Do You Know?
Peanuts are legumes like lentils and black beans. They contain high quality plant protein. When comparing peanuts with similar food, peanuts have more protein than any other legume or nut.