- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup diced Bell Peppers (Green, Red and Yellow)
- ¼ cup Onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup Green Peas
- ¼ cup diced Tomato (fresh and hard)
- 2-3 Green Chilies finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Sauce
- 4-5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper powder
- Prepare Oats: Take a non- stick pan and dry roast the oats (without oil) till they leave their whitishness and turn little brownish. Take them out in a big bowl, add 1 cup of water, pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Cook in Microwave for two minutes. Allow them to cool for 5-6 minutes. Fluff cooked Oats carefully with a fork so that flakes are separated to some extent.
- Prepare Vegetables: Heat oil in a wok or large pan, add chopped vegetables. Stir fry on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes. Take care that vegetables are not overdone, they should be crisp.
- Add the cooked Oats, salt and pepper powder; mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium high heat, stirring frequently, separating grains of Oats. Stir in Red Chili Sauce.
- Spoon out in a serving dish, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Do You Know?
With a low glycemic index oatmeal is assimilated slowly, keeping sugar levels stable. The American Diabetes Association recommends a daily fiber intake of 20 - 35 grams. One cup of cooked oatmeal supplies 4 grams.